Friday, September 16, 2011

The Joy Of Salvation



Introduction
David knew the joy of salvation. (the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart – I Samuel 13:14)
Psalms 51:10 - 12
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Why Are You Saved?
1.     To Receive Eternal Life
John 3:16 -  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 1:12 -  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

  1. To Have Life In Abundance Here On Earth
    John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

    Israelite case - Exodus 3: 7 -8
    7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
    8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey

  2. To Be Planted In His Vineyard (His House)
    Psalms 92:13 – 14
    13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
    14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;


What Are Your Responsibilities?

  1. To Learn From Jesus And The Scriptures
    Matthew 11:28 – 29
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

    2 Timothy 3:16 -17
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

  2. To Bear Fruits
    John 15:16 - Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

    John 15:1 - 2
    1
    I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
    2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

    Matthew 4:19 - And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
  3. To Serve God
    John 12:26
    - If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

    Joshua 24:15
    -  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

    Exodus 23:25 – 26
    25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
    26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

No comments:

Post a Comment