Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Praying For The Purpose Of God


Why We Need to Pray For The Purpose Of God

  1. Jesus taught His disciples to pray for the will of God
    Luke 11:2 – And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

  2. Jesus Himself prayed for the will of God for His Life
    Luke 22:42 - Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

  3. Jesus did nothing that was not in the will of God
    John 5:30 - I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

    John 5:19
    - Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

  4. God knows the beginning from the end.
    Isaiah 46:9 - 10
    9 ….I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning,

  5. The purpose of God will Stand
    Isaiah 46:10 - ….My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

    1John 2:17
    - And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

  6. Pray according to the will of God
    1John 5:14 - And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

No comments:

Post a Comment